Article in Dagens Industri: "Svenska forskare delar på 142 miljoner kronor"
Media reaction to the article in Nature Materials
- Press release KI Pdf version
- Vetenskapsradion – Sveriges Radio P1
- Ny Teknik
- Kemivärlden Biotech - Kemisk Tidskrift
News feature on tissue microbiology in Nature Vol 460:568-570
Läkatidningen issue 41
136 Million SEK to Strategic Centers after half time evaluation
Prof Bruce Molitoris
Prof G Block, Chancellor, and Dr N Entrikin, Vice Provost for international studies UCLA, Los Angeles, Ca, USA
Seminar Prof K Mikoshiba M.D. PH.D., Laboratory for Developmental Neurobiology, RIKEN Brain Science Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Commissariat à l'Énerige Atomique (CEA) delegation visited the center
Their interest was to learn how science is organized and financed in Sweden; especially the balance between fundamental and applied research, and possible links to industry. CEA is a French government-funded technological research organization, a prominent player in the European research area, it is involved in setting up collaborative projects with many partners around the world. They conduct both fundamental and applied research in several areas like; Defense & security, Energy, and Health & information technologies. They have 16.000 researchers employed, plus graduate students and Post Docs. Their budget is 35 billion SEK/year.
An open house was held at the new Swedish Medical Nanoscience Center, on 15th June
Posters presenting science at the center were on display and staff were on hand to answer questions and to show visitors around the premises. Approximately 100 people representing academia, industry, SSF, Svenskt Näringliv, etc attended.
Publication in Nature Materials
Organic electronics for precise delivery of neurotransmitters to modulate mammalian sensory function.
Simon DT, Kurup S, Larsson KC, Hori R, Tybrandt K, Goiny M, Jager EW, Berggren M, Canlon B, Richter-Dahlfors A.
Nat Mater. 2009 8:742-746
Visitors in July and August 2009
- Arantxa Sanz, Barcelona. Head of the wp Nanoscience Infrastructure in Europé, EU-project EuroNanoBio
- Madeiline Neil, Director of Communications, Uppsala Bio and at SULS (Stockholm-Uppsala Life Science)
- Anders Karlssson, Science and Technology Councellor, Swedish Agency for Growth Policy Analysis, Embassy of Sweden, Tokyo
- Hans Rhodiner, Industrial Councellor at Invest in Sweden (ISA), Japan.